Google+ Mommy Moments with Abby: Post-Op Follow up

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Post-Op Follow up

I went for my follow up and found I had popped a suture meaning more weeks of discomfort for me.  I am healing well however and still can't sleep on the shoulder.  I do wonder at times why the body does what it does in pregnancy.  Why did mine start to consolidate fat in one location.  Why did it continue to grow after the pregnancies ended?  Why did it attach to the muscle? Why are so many pregnancies so different?
I don't have the answers for you.  We are all just different, our bodies are shaped different, we are different colors, and we grow at different rates sometimes.  What I do know is that Lipoma's can happen due to pregnancy and many times nothing is done about them unless you ask for something to be done, they impede mobility, or their is reason to suspect they have turned cancerous.  Speaking of that we just found out mine is Benign!  Yeah, so my body just did something odd while pregnant and it's healing now.

I have two beautiful babies and an amazing story of my recovery now because of it.  While it isn't something I hope ever happens again, sometimes the most annoying odd pregnancy occurrances can bring about some interesting changes to your life and veiw of things.  If you do have a Lipoma, get it checked and get two opinions, plus on of a surgeon.  This way you have all the knowledge you can to make your choice.

I'm still in recovery, but the pain will soon be gone and all of this will be nothing but a blog post and a memory in my life.  What are the odd things you were left with from your pregnancies? Here is a shot of my suture site.


Check out the previous posting to this one:
What they don't tell you can happen in Pregnancy

And the sibling posts:

Lipoma Removal

Recovery Night 1 Vegas

Post-Op Day 2 Zion

Post Op Day 3 Angels Landing

2 comments:

  1. Found this funny video which shows a pregnant mum bonding with her baby. Did you know that 70% of the baby’s brain growth occurs during pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pregnancy brings with itself a lot of never-felt-before moments. One of them is to feel your baby kick. But do you know that the baby’s kick means that her mental growth has begun! Watch this video to discover the joy of a baby’s kick.

    ReplyDelete

Can't get enough Mommy Moments?

Need more Mommy Moments? Check out my wedding blog! That's right, Mommy Moments is getting married! Twice!

Shopping Job