Google+ Mommy Moments with Abby: Super Food Snacks Chocolate Review!

Friday, November 25, 2011

Super Food Snacks Chocolate Review!


I love chocolate!  Really is there anything better? OK, maybe there is, but chocolate is definitely up there in life!  How lucky am I to get to review some chocolate?!!  I was sent two flavors: Brazilian Chocolate Ecstasy and Chocolate Cherry Qi!  To do this review properly I got myself all set up.  I poured a glass of red wine.  Pinot Noir is my favorite so I ignored the wine pairing suggestions of the wine sites out there.  I set out three of each onto one of my nicer plates which rarely get brought out.  A little background music, a pad and pen for notes and I was ready to review some chocolate!






Brazilian Chocolate Ecstasy Review:

Product Information Ingredients:
Organic Clear Agave Nectar*, Organic Brazil Nuts*, Organic Cacao Powder*, Organic Dried Mango*, Organic Hunza Raisins*, Organic Coconut*, Organic Dates*, Organic Dried Bananas*, Organic Incan Berries*, Organic Chia Seeds*, Organic Maca Powder*, Organic Vanilla Powder*, Organic Cinnamon*, Selina Naturally Hawaiian Deep Sea Salt. (*Raw & Organic ingredient)

Allergen Alert: Manufactured in a facility that processes products containing nuts (peanuts, tree nuts). May contain tiny date pits, shell fragments, or natural mineral matter.

What I noticed first about the Brazilian Chocolate Ecstasy was the clean chocolate smell.  It didn’t smell overly chocolaty or super powdery, but more that great chocolate smell you get from a Yankee Candle that has been lit for the perfect amount of time.  The next thing I noticed was all the cocoa powder on the outside, so napkins are needed.  I bite into it and allowed the texture to guide me on how to eat it.  It was more of a cake texture than a hard chocolate or gummy bear texture which indicated that small bites would be best.  (Like a tiramisu very moist cake not a fluffy dry cake).  It had a very milk chocolate taste with a hint of a nut flavor I couldn’t completely pin-point.  A hint of a raisin flavor was present, which surprisingly married well with the chocolate/nut flavor. It was a small but satisfying tid-bit.  I sipped wine for the next one and found that it paired well with a red wine.  It is very sweet so a white wine would not have tasted as good. 

Chocolate Cherry Qi Review:

Product Information Ingredients: Organic Clear Agave Nectar*, Organic Dried Cherries*, Organic Dates*, Organic Cacao Powder*, Organic Pumpkin Seeds*, Organic Chia Seeds*, Organic Coconut*, Organic Blue Green Algae (AFA)*, Organic Cinnamon*, Selina Naturally Hawaiian Deep Sea Salt. (*Raw & Organic ingredient)

Allergen Alert: Manufactured in a facility that processes products containing nuts (peanuts, tree nuts). May contain tiny date pits, shell fragments, or natural mineral matter.

The moment you open the package you smell the cherry!  It was an intoxicating smell and I couldn’t pinpoint the type of cherry used.  As was the Brazilian Chocolate listed above this one was covered in powder so have a napkin ready.  This chocolate was very different then its partner listed above in texture.  This one was very chewy.  It reminded me of how chewy a chocolate truffle is.  There were hints of nuts and seeds which offset the cherry in a way that allowed some of the chocolate flavor to sneak past the cherry.   It seemed to fall in line with more of a deep chocolate than a milk chocolate taste. 

Bottom line:  If you like organic, raw foods than this one is right up your alley.  It is perfect for those needing Gluten Free products.  And if I had to pick between these flavors the Brazilian Chocolate Ecstasy takes the cake for its cakey texture and milk chocolate taste!  Plus, I got a small date pit in one of my cherries! 



Click on the Raw Chocolate Energy Snacks or visit http://www.superfoodsnacks.com/ to order some of your own or enter to win at our Chocolate Delight Giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't get enough Mommy Moments?

Need more Mommy Moments? Check out my wedding blog! That's right, Mommy Moments is getting married! Twice!

Shopping Job